Diabetes Prevention Program
Prevent T-2 Diabetes Prevention Program –The Diabetes Prevention Program is a year-long lifestyle change program that helps people diagnosed with pre-diabetes delay or prevent the onset of Type 2 Diabetes. New cohorts are offered by IHC twice per year in the Spring and in the Fall. We use the nationally recognized CDC Prevent T-2 curriculum, which has proven to be effective in studies and among IHC’s patients that have participated in the program. You can read more about the curriculum that
we use here:
The Diabetes Prevention Program is for IHC members only. IHC members must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old and
- Be overweight (body mass index ≥25; ≥23 if Asian)and
- Have no previous diagnosis of type 1 or type 2 diabetes
- Have a blood test result in the prediabetes range within the past year:
Hemoglobin A1C: 5.7%–6.4% or
- Fasting plasma glucose: 100–125 mg/dL or
- Two-hour plasma glucose (after a 75 gm glucose load): 140–199 mg/dL or
- Be previously diagnosed with gestational diabetes
Do I have Pre-Diabetes Commercials from the Ad Council
The Diabetes Prevention Program team member can help you determine if you are eligible for this
Insurance and Payments Accepted
The Diabetes Prevention Program is a free benefit for IHC members.
How to Enroll in the Diabetes Prevention Program
The Diabetes Prevention is a year-long program that has cohorts that start in the Spring and in the Fall. This program is for IHC medical patients.
If you are interested in participating in this program, your medical provider can refer you or you can contact the program manager directly by calling Monica Mireles at extension 3590.