New Patient Information & Eligibility
An important question some clients wonder about is eligibility. "Do I qualify?" "How much will I owe for services?" These are all questions that are important and here are some answers. In addition, our bi-lingual Eligibility Coordinator can be reached via email or phone below.
- Physicals – Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP), Whole Woman Healthcare Project
- Immunizations - Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP)
- Pregnancy Testing – Presumptive Eligibility (PE)
- Prenatal Care – Presumptive Eligibility (PE)
- Breast Exam – Breast Cancer Early Detection Program (BCEDP)
- Mammogram – Breast Cancer Early Detection Program (BCEDP)
- Pap smear – Whole Woman Healthcare Project, State Only Family Planning (SOFP)
- Birth Control – State Only Family Planning (SOFP)
- STD Check and STD Prescriptions – State Only Family Planning (SOFP)
If patients are not eligible for any of the above programs, they will be placed on the medical self-pay Sliding Fee Scale or asked to pay full-fee. Depending on the level of income and their household size, patients will be asked to pay 40%, 50%, 75% or 100% of the total visit charges. If clients do not have money on them, they will be billed for the visit. Bills are sent out once a month.
Self-pay (both Sliding Fee Scale and full-fee) patients are expected to pay 100% of the lab charges on the day of their visit. The lab offers reduced rates to the clients of the Indian Health Center.
We accept Medi-Cal and most private insurance plans. Uninsured persons with a certain level of income may qualify for our "Discount Program" and receive services below our already reduced fees (proof of income is required to apply). Please call (408) 445-3410 x 2300 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Community Wellness & Outreach
Email: for Eligibility Questions